The Village midwifery model is strongly grounded in principles of respect, autonomy, and reproductive justice for expecting individuals. We believe care during the perinatal period is a joint effort between midwife, expecting mother, partner, and other practitioners or community members involved in the process. We believe trust, communication, collaborative decision-making, and well-being of mother and child are the pillars of midwifery care.
HOME BIRTH PACKAGE
Every birthing person will be assigned a midwife, midwifery assistant, mental health counselor, and pelvic floor physical therapist to care for them throughout their pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience.
• Monthly prenatal care meetings through 30 weeks
• Prenatal care meetings every 2 weeks from 30 weeks to 36 weeks
• Home visit at 36 weeks
• Weekly prenatal care visits from 36 weeks until birth
• On call to attend birth from 37-42 weeks
• Attendance and support during labor, birth, and a minimum of 2 hours postpartum
• Postpartum visits at 24 hours, 3-5 days, 2-3 weeks, and 5-7 weeks
• Postpartum mental health assessment with LSW between 2-4 weeks
• Pelvic Floor Therapy consult between 6-8 weeks
• Midwife is available via phone, e-mail or text throughout pregnancy, labor, and postpartum period